Saturday, October 10, 2009

Yo Gabba Gabba



This is a show from Nick Jr., my sister loves it. I don't know how she doesn't get tired of watching this show. She's 3 years old, and she knows all the names of the characters. Usually I watch this with her, like a good sister and I only know one of the characters =). Anyways, I wanted to discuss the difference between the characters they use nowadays, compared to what I remember when I was her age.

Back in the 90's, the characters used in Kids shows are familiar ones, not something that would crawl out of the dark closet. Clearly, the Brobee (green monster) looks like a Boogey monster, Muno (red monster) looks like a hotdog man with pimples and DJ Lance Rock (host with the orange hat) looks creepy when he smiles. I remember Arnold from "Hey Arnold" had a football head, but he was still a child, with 2 arms, 2 legs, and a human face.

Little kids nowadays who watch shows similar to Yo Gabba Gabba are being trained not to be afraid. It's like their minds are being familiarized with different creatures that could possibly exist, even though they don't. Also, as their imaginations grow, they become for creative, inspiring them to create something outside of the box in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog